Purchasing Materials per BGS requirements: Ensures that all purchasing activity is conducted to ensure timely and cost effective delivery of customer assemblies.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Per BGS requirements, the Purchasing Materials shall:
- Responsible for purchasing activities including creating and managing purchase orders, sourcing new vendors, and inventory control.
- Develop, organize, and implement procurement strategies that ensures the best price, quality and service is received.
- Development, planning and formulation of policies, objectives and goals consistent with the overall strategic plans of the Company.
- Negotiate purchases and contracts within approved limits and management acceptance for those commodities assigned.
- Know key personnel at each major supplier; understand their production processes, and internal systems.
- Conduct regular evaluations of suppliers through Best Global Source Supplier program.
- Develop new suppliers where current supply sources are inadequate, or limited.
- Assist and serve primary purchasing contact in support of new product development; working closely with the engineering departments, production and operations to ensure a smooth transition from conceptual design to production ready.
- Understand the purchasing and corporate goals and manage procurement activities to support these goals.
- Remain current in new developments in the purchasing profession.
- Keep up-to-date with ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100C standards
Minimum of 2 Year experience of procurement in Contract Manufacturing field. Knowledge of electronic parts is mandatory.
Minimum College Diploma
Negotiating contract pricing. Customer service skills.